To be eligible for Business Recovery Financing, an applicant’s project must meet the following conditions:
- Demonstrate clear project-specific needs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Demonstrate potential to maintain employment, business and/or training opportunities for First Nations people; and the potential for the business to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
General Business Financing Requirements – Eligible applicants must provide:
- A business plan for the BRF requested. The business plan must include details of the proposed activity, a sound budget with eligible funding activities demonstrating acceptable value for money in terms of output and results, as well as outline the viability of the project to assist the business to recover from the pandemic;
- Confirmation that other available sources of financing from public and private sources are either not available or are limited in terms of availability, funding levels, or based on their specific criteria;
- Confirmation as to why the project cannot be funded without BRF support. Applicants with the financial means to fund the project are not eligible.
BRF is available to support qualified First Nations farm and agribusinesses across Ontario. As well, BRF is available to support qualified First Nations businesses in all sectors in East Central and Eastern Ontario.
Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2023.